Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
(plus... I don't think any of us want to admit it, but the B&W does look so cool in the G05 and G07, especially at night)
It does look cool, but only us owners notice it. Most people, who drive normal cars, when they get into my g05 are so taken aback with all of the ambient lighting everywhere, they dont see the speaker lighting as distinct. But many have been wow'd by the sound when i've cranked up the system. so there's that; just dont expect anyone to mention the lights inside the speakers except us here lol.
I am not sound enthusiast and not an expert by any means; but I am finding when I drive at night I tend to turn off ambient lights and centre screen, too much illumination for my preference. I tried the dimming at night settings, but still prefer no lights. When SkyLounge LEDs are off I enjoy actual sky more. B&W ambient light differentiation marketing is irrelevant IMO.

When someone upgrades from HK to B&W the price is actually lot more than it appears (HK + B&W). Opportunity cost and understanding for marginal benefits may sway many owners to HK. However, if you spend lot of time driving and money isn't an issue B&W makes sense, provided you utilize high quality audio source.