Thread: BMW cargo mat
View Single Post
      05-25-2021, 11:55 AM   #26
DrMicro
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW x5 xdrive40i

I have a new x5 and opted for the OEM all-weather floor mats as well as the OEM cargo mat. I find the build exceptional for all of them. The floor mats are a pretty heavy rubber material and fit precisely into the space with nice velcro attachment points. There is a nice lip around the edges for liquid, even on the "mats", as opposed to the "liners". The driver's-side mat does cover a fraction of the footrest and accelerator pedal (<1/2"). The cargo mat is a rubberized plastic. The fit is pretty exact. It does not have the "ears", to fit into the recesses on either side but fits precisely in the space otherwise. Things cannot slide around the surface due to the rubberized surface. Really nice looking metal BMW logo is a nice touch. The only downside I see to the cargo mat is that it does restrict access to the spare tire area and the first aid compartment, if you find the need to access them frequently, though I suspect this would be true for all cargo mat options. I have no regrets getting all of these.
Appreciate 0