View Single Post
      03-28-2024, 08:58 AM   #78
evanseric21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X6M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutigers View Post
The GLE 63S AMG is only offered with one Burmy system. Here are the specs from the Mercedes website:

Burmester Surround Sound System
One of the most respected makers of handcrafted high-end home audio, Germany's BurmesterŪ has developed a surround-sound system specifically for the GLE. Thirteen high-quality speakers including twin FrontBassŪ subwoofers and a 590-watt 9-channel digital amplifier can fill the cabin with pure digital surround sound while seamlessly compensating for ambient noise. Exquisitely detailed metal speaker grilles are as rewarding to the eyes as the system's output is to the most discerning ears.

Here are the details on the Bowers system from BMW:

Bowers & WilkinsŪ Diamond Surround Sound System has it all: 20 speakers - including exclusive Diamond Dome tweeters, 1,500 watts of audio power, 10 fully active amplification channels, QuantumLogic Surround/Dynamic Sound Equalizing via measuring microphone and three analog crossover networks for consistent sound quality.

On paper, the Bowers blows the Burmy out of the water. Both are good but Bowers sounds significantly better.
To add to this, we recently took delivery of a 2024 Mercedes GLE 450 for my wife, equipped with the Burmester Surround System, and I received my 2024 X6MC, featuring Bowers and Wilkins. The Bowers system definitely sounds better. However, the Mercedes includes a built-in Apple Music app, and when playing songs with Dolby Atmos listed, the effect is pretty noticeable and cool. I use Spotify in my car, and I don't believe Spotify supports Dolby Atmos. I need to try Apple Music to see if I can get that same effect. Both systems sound good, though.
9/29 - Placed order | 10/12 - Received allocation (status 112) | 10/31 - Placed Individual Paint Order | 11/7 - Individual Order approved (Status 102) | 1/8 - Scheduled for production (status 112) | 1/25 - Production Starts (status 150) | 2/8 - Entering Assembly (status 153) | 2/9 - In Transit (status 195) | 2/13 - Accepted Delivery
Appreciate 1
Cityman202.00