04-26-2024, 08:21 PM   #19
grigiogirl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 comp, 25' X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
With sensafin I would ceramic coat. With merino I would not. And either way. Yes, I would do that myself. Super easy with today's modern coatings. We used Colourlock on our ivory merino.

As far as the paint goes. The prices your seeing seem about the going rate and you don't have to do anything but get your wallet out and then enjoy the car. I just did ceramic myself on our new mineral white paint and it turned out great! Not much prep work needed at all since it was new paint. But on black paint like yours I would be more careful as everything shows on black. So if you are super anal and end up locking in a flaw after ceramic just depends on if you could live with it or not.
I’ll have to do some more research to make sure I get the right type of coating for the sensafin. Do you know by chance if colourlock is only for leather?

Awesome that you did your own ceramic! It seems like it’s 50/50 between people DIYing or going to a professional shop. The black really shows every little imperfection unfortunately, so I would probably go nuts if I locked that in. Looks like I might have to fork up the cash and have a professional do it. The beauty in mineral white is how much it hides any minor flaws! My past car was white and the cleaning was a breeze, one of the many perks of that color.
Appreciate 1
LuckyBrand1451.50