View Single Post
      04-27-2024, 12:40 PM   #21
11001X101
Captain
Rep
Drives: 10101X101

G05 40i is quite reliable. It was ranked most reliable midsize luxury SUV. RX was my wife's dream SUV and she vowed that she would get a new one whenever a new generation comes. Guess what? G05 destroyed that dream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
Have a 2023 Rx350 Fsport loaded as well and boy is it boring and underpowered to drive. I wouldn’t say Lexus is super reliable. Ours just got back from the dealer cuz the lift gate wouldn’t unlatch at all. It was stuck shut and it wasn’t due to user error. At just 7k miles I shouldn’t have to be dealing with any of this. I’ve had 3 prior Lexus vehicles and all were for the most part reliable but our 2017 RX350 Luxury package had issues too. My wipes stopped working at 51k miles and we couldn’t figure it out then the moldy smell developed and before I knew it we had a water leak that was never found but there was condensation forming inside the car and all over the instrument cluster. We traded it in on the 2023 Rx350 and now wish to sell it so we can get something else. Lexus has lost its ways imo.
My coworkers wife has a 2016 RX350 Luxury package and her car has had many issues too! Most recently she also found mold in her car due to a leak and had to have the interior gutted and cleaned. It was bad from the pictures he showed.
I had a long list of Lexus before switching to BMW. I was quite active on forums when I had them too. Yes, their SUVs are boring and nowhere compared to X5 or other German. But IMO reliability is not something to even debate. All cars have issues here and there but it's very minimal with Lexus. Lexus is just different when reliability comes. You might have had a bad apple but your X5 will stink too. It will stink faster you can imagine and the worse part is your dealership will tell you it's normal.
Appreciate 0