View Single Post
      03-28-2024, 03:09 PM   #80
crabman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutigers View Post
The GLE 63S AMG is only offered with one Burmy system. Here are the specs from the Mercedes website:

Burmester Surround Sound System
One of the most respected makers of handcrafted high-end home audio, Germany's BurmesterŪ has developed a surround-sound system specifically for the GLE. Thirteen high-quality speakers including twin FrontBassŪ subwoofers and a 590-watt 9-channel digital amplifier can fill the cabin with pure digital surround sound while seamlessly compensating for ambient noise. Exquisitely detailed metal speaker grilles are as rewarding to the eyes as the system's output is to the most discerning ears.

Here are the details on the Bowers system from BMW:

Bowers & WilkinsŪ Diamond Surround Sound System has it all: 20 speakers - including exclusive Diamond Dome tweeters, 1,500 watts of audio power, 10 fully active amplification channels, QuantumLogic Surround/Dynamic Sound Equalizing via measuring microphone and three analog crossover networks for consistent sound quality.

On paper, the Bowers blows the Burmy out of the water. Both are good but Bowers sounds significantly better.
As I said, I came from an S580, it comes with a base Burmy, and then you can upgrade to the 4D which is a 6500 dollar option. Cut and paste follows...

Raising the pinnacle of automotive audio, the BurmesterŪ 4D system features seat-integrated resonators that help you feel surround sound in new dimensions. Analog-digital amps deliver 1,750 total watts via 30 high-end speakers, including six 3D speakers and dual body-integrated FrontBass subwoofers, plus a trunk-mounted sub with its own 400-watt amp. In-car communication, five preset modes, seat-specific VIP functions, and ear-level speakers for discreet driver voice commands, are included.

End cut and paste...

As I said it's not close and the difference is greater than the numbers might imply. It has way more headroom and impact, is far more configurable, sounds better across genres, has better sound staging, better voicing, etc.

Again, it's not close. In fact the Burmy over at Porsche while not as good as the MB unit in the S class is also better than this unit.

To me this is a downgrade and I'm finding it passable, but no more.
Appreciate 1
1230vani660.00