View Single Post
      02-21-2024, 01:42 PM   #1
roamio
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 X5 M60i

LCI safety recall - Integrated Break system

Looks like there is a new safety recall for LCI. Mine unfortunately shows as affected by it. You can check your VIN here.
https://my.bmwusa.com/safety-and-emission-recalls

This is description from BMW:

FEB 12, 2024 |Recall Campaign No.24V-104
Integrated Brake
Last Updated: Feb 21, 2024

Description of Problem

The Integrated Brake (IB) system may not have been produced by the supplier according to specifications. If the IB system was not functioning properly, a warning lamp and message will be displayed in the instrument cluster.

Safety Risk

In some cases, there will be a reduction in power assist braking, which could lead to an extended stopping distance and increase the risk of a crash. The Antilock Brake System (ABS) and Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system may not function, which could also affect braking performance as well as vehicle handling and control. However, fully mechanical braking is not affected and, if the IB system is not functioning properly, the parking (emergency) brake will be automatically activated to aid in braking performance and help maintain vehicle stability and control.

Description of Repair

The Integrated Brake (IB) system will be replaced for free by an authorized BMW center which should take several hours.

For additional information or assistance, please contact Customer Relations and Service at 1-800-525-7417 or via Email at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com
Appreciate 0