View Single Post
      02-22-2024, 07:54 PM   #47
beammeupscottie
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
[QUOTE=TurtleBoy;30926733]You got bad information. Recall parts are definitely not issued, and never have been, in production date order. Just think about it, how could that work? They could have a ton of parts sitting someplace (can't be sent to a dealer since the work can be done anywhere) waiting to be used as people have not followed through on the recall and the people who want/need the parts not getting them.

As outlined in the notice, BMW will not issue parts for the fix prior to when the letters go out which is currently scheduled for April 5th. Before that the parts will not be available for the recall.

They explained that there were limited parts available for the knee airbag repair and they were sending out the repair parts in-order of production because those produced earlier would most likely be already sold and in use. That made sense at that time because mine had only just arrived at the sales center then at the final inspection before releasing it to me the recall was triggered and created the stop sale. They explained that they’d rather not have a faulty airbag released to a customer for safety and they figured I wouldn’t have alternate transportation.
Bad information or not; that makes sense.
I’m only reporting what I was told by the sales center and BMWNA.
Appreciate 0