View Single Post
      02-01-2024, 08:19 AM   #101
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT_OH View Post
So I dropped it off today. The indicated there is no campaign on my car, to which I then showed them the letter I rec'd for the "Voluntary Emissions Recall Campaign - OBD Software - DMTL"

They said it was voluntary and BMW rec'd enough vehicles in for checks thru the end of 2023 to confirm there was not an issue. Not sure I buy it, but will see what the invoice says they did when I pick it up this afternoon.

For the CEL, they mentioned cold weather and grill shutters + issues with fuel mixture in low temps throwing off a sensor. Again, will see what they actually did when I pick it up.

Lastly, the software OTA update downloaded to my car last night. I asked them to install since it was already downloaded. Will see if they do that as well.
That's interesting, they must have cancelled the recall. It was just a software update anyways so you will be fine. My guess us that they will update iDrive as part of the CEL issue so either way you will get a new version. Lets us know what version you end up with.