View Single Post
      05-28-2021, 05:07 PM   #69
Maximus2002
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fndrplayer13 View Post
Maximus2002 can you just replace the stock HiFi amp with this JBL amp before swapping any speakers? I have an x45e on order, and I'm curious about doing this swap after I break in the (likely very crappy) HiFi system as a first step. I plan on then potentially upgrading speakers after that.

edit: I've never done any car audio stuff before, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm not really afraid of taking apart trim panels and such, though, if needed.
The HiFi amp is not replaceable, unfortunately. This 8 channel JBL amplifier takes the output signals from the RAM module, and amplifies the signals by almost three times to all the 8 channels, two complete front doors, two rear doors, one center speaker & tweeter, two under seat subs, and one added sub woofer as you have seen in the pictures. Replacing all the door speakers and the tweeters is very essential. Adding the extra subwoofer was very helpful to boost the sound, so I didn't want to mess the under seat woofers.
IMHO all the questions are great, thanks for asking. If you go with this amp, or a similar amp, you will not need to take any panel off. The RAM output wire harness/connector could easily be accessed through the little panel where the first aid kit supposed to be.
You have some wiring, soldering, and wire crimping to do, but all is doable (easy for me to say that, being an EE sometimes helps ). Congratulation on your new 45e, it should be a sweet ride, thinking of getting one next year. Ask me any other question you have, I will be glad to help.
Appreciate 0