BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-06-2024, 04:36 PM   #23
RNorb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2025 X5 M60i, 2024 X1 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieintexas View Post
I came from a X3MC and I just love it. Great performance and so comfortable and full of excellent technology. B&W blew me away. I would like a little more exhaust and have a exhaust flap module coming to see if that gives me what I want. It is so comfortable and sucks up the bumps but handles great. I got the M Sport suspension and my wife has a 45e with the air suspension - I can definitely feel the comfort benefits of air in hers but I just love the planted feeling of mine - and it is still plenty comfortable - especially after coming out of the X3M.
I did an up and back from Houston to Winter Park (return down straight through) and this thing owns the highways. Ticks along all day at 90+ and just eats up the miles. DAP works great (but assisted only under 85). Love the car. Feel free to follow up with a any specific questions. I’ve done 5,500 miles since beginning of Feb.
Do you have any issues with either the auto stop start or the gas peddle sensitivity?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 04:39 PM   #24
aussieintexas
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 SO/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNorb View Post
Do you have any issues with either the auto stop start or the gas peddle sensitivity?
No. I don’t notice the ASS at all and don’t find things pedal sensitive - that may also be after coming from the X3MC too…
2011 - 2006 E46 M3 Conv SMG Black/black - great (except for SMG) (Perth, Aust). 1st foray into M's -slippery slope (sold 2013)
ED 2009 E90 335i - Le Mans, (sold 2010)[URL="http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365925
Appreciate 1
RNorb246.50
      04-06-2024, 06:37 PM   #25
Keng163
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 X5 Diesel

I hate reading all these raves about the 24/25 M60i. I have ordered one but started to hyperventilate about writing a check for $110k cash for a depreciating vehicle. It was to come in June. And it was gonna be SO nice. I haven’t cancelled the order yet - but I just signed on to a used ‘21 M50i.
BTW a great exhaust note. And it’s somewhat already depreciated. Still cost me $58k- and I could cancel it too- haven’t signed the title over yet - but hard to think that a new ‘25 loaded 60i is $50k better than a 21’ used M50i.
$110k is a big check to write. But reading all these reviews and knowing I didn’t get air suspension is definitely making me take pause. 🤦
Appreciate 4
      04-06-2024, 11:10 PM   #26
RNorb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2025 X5 M60i, 2024 X1 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keng163 View Post
I hate reading all these raves about the 24/25 M60i. I have ordered one but started to hyperventilate about writing a check for $110k cash for a depreciating vehicle. It was to come in June. And it was gonna be SO nice. I haven’t cancelled the order yet - but I just signed on to a used ‘21 M50i.
BTW a great exhaust note. And it’s somewhat already depreciated. Still cost me $58k- and I could cancel it too- haven’t signed the title over yet - but hard to think that a new ‘25 loaded 60i is $50k better than a 21’ used M50i.
$110k is a big check to write. But reading all these reviews and knowing I didn’t get air suspension is definitely making me take pause. 🤦
The fact that you are considering writing a check for 110K assumes you can afford to do so. Then your decision comes down to whether you will get value for your money. That’s totally subjective and personal to you. From a rational/objective perspective there is no way anyone would say that the 60i is worth 50k more than the 50i. If it were me, the value is there, and I’d write the check. But for many others there would be no value and be a total waste of money.
Appreciate 4
LuckyBrand1451.50
TN2SC2020155.00
snareman9267.50
      04-07-2024, 12:01 AM   #27
JoeAyalaM
Second Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMWX5 M60i / Audi S6 V8TT

Quote:
It is a waste of money, almost all new car purchases are. But can you get a used one with all the options you want? That new car smell is so special, can you afford the car you like with ease? How much money do you think you must leave behind when you pass?

I say, this X5 M60i is one of the last great V8s we can get, drives likes a dream, and is a true beast when pushed. What the heck, it is not a wise financial decision, but I will not notice to be any poorer because of buying it. We only leave once.

I remember when my father suddenly was too old to drive fast, like he loved to do. So... what is your call?
Appreciate 6
RNorb246.50
bandersen613.50
LuckyBrand1451.50
roryhw37.50
Cityman202.00
TN2SC2020155.00
      04-07-2024, 05:48 AM   #28
Keng163
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the reply!
Your argument is the one I am currently using.
Only live once
Maybe only 2-3 years to still actually buy a V8 - BMW makes good engines
S63 is a better power plant than the N63
But it isn’t in old vehicles so no point in looking. I found a used ‘24 for $89k. Might as well by the new one and get want I want.
Used X5s w the new S63 are very hard to find- I’d be going out of state and unable to test drive - and then someone (me) is wasting money on shipping
All cars are a depreciation nightmare.
I haven’t had a new new car since 2010.
I’m not getting any younger.
So….im backing out of the used 2021 and keeping my order going for the new new S63.
At least for now! HA
Thx
Appreciate 5
      04-07-2024, 07:26 AM   #29
grigiogirl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 comp, 25' X5 M60i

Quote:
Thanks for the reply!
Only live once
But it isn’t in old vehicles so no point in looking. I found a used ‘24 for $89k. Might as well by the new one and get want I want.
Used X5s w the new S63 are very hard to find- I’d be going out of state and unable to test drive - and then someone (me) is wasting money on shipping
So….im backing out of the used 2021 and keeping my order going for the new new S63.
At least for now! HA
Thx
I have to agree with JoeAyalaM! It’s all about perspective. All vehicles are major depreciating assets but that cost is worth the happiness some bring! For me I’m young, only 25 but I love cars it’s a huge passion of mine. I’ve had 7 in 9 years. I always think, what if I die tomorrow? Will I have any regrets? I’m so lucky that I’ve worked hard enough to afford many beautiful and fun vehicles at such a young age!

My mom on the other hand is 65 and could not care LESS! She drives her same old reliable Honda CRV’s for 10 years and then buys another one! I try hard to convince her to try something fun and new but she could die happy only driving reliable low cost cars.

So, yes writing a large check for a depreciating asset is hard but sometimes it’s worth the joy that thing will bring! Besides, if you purchase it and drive around for a while and decide maybe it’s not worth all that to you, you can always turn around and sell! Best of luck and I hope you enjoy whatever new vehicle you decide on
Appreciate 2
LuckyBrand1451.50
Cityman202.00
      04-07-2024, 07:55 AM   #30
bandersen
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 X5 40I M-Sport

I keep my daily drivers about 10 years - well past warranty. I’m always leery about buying a car like this that’s only a year or two old - probably has been driven by one of you/driven like it’s stolen!

Plus, like the new car smell, want the options I want, etc etc. Those are my excuses!
Appreciate 4
LDT1620.50
Cityman202.00
LuckyBrand1451.50
MissVito217.50
      04-07-2024, 08:46 AM   #31
JoeAyalaM
Second Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the reply!
Only live once
At least for now! HA
Thx
2024 and 2025 X5 M60i have the new S68 engine, also shared with the X5 M Competition, with different bolt ons and software to produce a higher output.

The S63 engine was used on 2023 and older X5 M's and doesn't have the mild hybrid system.

And well, it's the same for the X6s.
Appreciate 1
LDT1620.50
      04-07-2024, 08:51 AM   #32
Keng163
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Agreed. In fact the only reason I’d buy a N63 50i is that ( based on what I’ve read here) the exhaust note might not be as good on the new 60i as it was on the 50i
And do I really need massaging seats for $1000? I checked it on the new build. 🤦
Appreciate 1
TN2SC2020155.00
      04-07-2024, 08:57 AM   #33
JoeAyalaM
Second Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grigiogirl View Post
Hi all!

I have an 25 x5 m60i on order which I should hopefully have by the end of this month YAY

Was wondering if current owners could share their experiences? How do you like it so far? Any tips and tricks or advice would be appreciated too! Super excited to get this car and experience it finally as I’ve only driven once for a brief 10 min test ride!
Back on topic from the OP.

I concur with the first responses on the thread, I just want to add that this car is WAY TOO FAST for a family car, if it's going to be YOUR car and you want that, great! But it is overkill if you are getting it for your spouse and that is a prudent normal driver that drives the kids around all day, better buy the X5 40i instead. That's also plenty fast, much more than most all other SUVs on the road.
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2024, 09:10 AM   #34
Keng163
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thanks for taking the time to share the stories. I’m your moms age so we think differently about writing checks that big! And congratulations on having financial independence at such a young age. You should mentor my son!!
In the end I might be sick and not know it or die in an accident- and frankly for as hard I work - at this age - go ahead and have a smile on my face. I just sold my sports car- 2100 911 turbo S - mint condish- as it just wasn’t fun anymore. Hard to get in and out and always worried about pot holes. Everyone wants to race you - and I would eventually lose my license or get in a bad accident. So after 10 years and 5000 miles - was time for someone else to enjoy it. That’s why I can write that check - I’m not that well off!
I’ve had my X5 Msport for 10 years so I’m on par w your mom!
Will probably just let the new car order come in. Once I see it - I’ll fall in love all over again. Thx
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2024, 10:22 AM   #35
grigiogirl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to share the stories. I’m your moms age so we think differently about writing checks that big! And congratulations on having financial independence at such a young age. You should mentor my son!!
In the end I might be sick and not know it or die in an accident- and frankly for as hard I work - at this age - go ahead and have a smile on my face. I just sold my sports car- 2100 911 turbo S - mint condish- as it just wasn’t fun anymore. Hard to get in and out and always worried about pot holes. Everyone wants to race you - and I would eventually lose my license or get in a bad accident. So after 10 years and 5000 miles - was time for someone else to enjoy it. That’s why I can write that check - I’m not that well off!
I’ve had my X5 Msport for 10 years so I’m on par w your mom!
Will probably just let the new car order come in. Once I see it - I’ll fall in love all over again. Thx
I totally understand your perspective about looking at money differently once you’re a certain age! My mom is all about saving for retirement and having lots of safety funds. Just curious by why did you order the m60i? The new X5 40i is a beautiful car with lots of the same bells & whistles just less performance power. It’s a heck of a lot cheaper too if the sporty drive is not a huge factor for you. But the m60i is truly in a class of its own so if you’re looking for performance I would say it’s a great choice. A similarly optioned new porsche cayenne is $20-50k more so BMW is actually giving a lot of performance quality for a way better price.

I’m also from Long Island, can’t imagine driving the 911 on these roads! The potholes here are killer. That’s a beautiful car by the way. One day I hope to have a turbo s or a gt3rs!

Once the car comes in definitely take the time to look at it and drive around a little before signing those papers. If it feels right and you love the car maybe it’ll be worth it to you! It seems like you hold onto your cars for a while so it might be nice to have such a fun & beautiful SUV for the next however many years!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 10:28 AM   #36
grigiogirl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM View Post
Back on topic from the OP.

I concur with the first responses on the thread, I just want to add that this car is WAY TOO FAST for a family car, if it's going to be YOUR car and you want that, great! But it is overkill if you are getting it for your spouse and that is a prudent normal driver that drives the kids around all day, better buy the X5 40i instead. That's also plenty fast, much more than most all other SUVs on the road.
Thanks for the input! I’m only 25 and don’t plan on kids anytime soon, this is going to be my daily driver. I have an f80 m3 competition currently so I’m actually worried I’ll think this is not fast enough LOL! But I’m not a huge fan of speeding I just like being able to rip around on back roads once in a while! My currently daily driver is a lifted jeep wrangler which has a HORRIBLE ride quality on highways, bouncing around and the infamous death wobble. So I’m just looking for something that has luxury/comfort and enough power that I can really get on it now and then!
Appreciate 1
Mtn2Srf286.50
      04-07-2024, 04:45 PM   #37
Keng163
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I’ll miss the Porsche. I wanted more HP as I was replacing the Porsche. I have an older X5 that is a diesel in line 6 turbo. It’s ok but not a 540hp V8!
Given how scarce the M50 or M60 they are to find ( loaded too) I’m probably just going to buy new.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Cityman202.00
bandersen613.50
TN2SC2020155.00
      04-07-2024, 04:47 PM   #38
Keng163
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

The new X5 60i is just for me
Appreciate 1
TN2SC2020155.00
      04-07-2024, 11:47 PM   #39
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G83 comp & 2024 X5 M60

Quote:
Thanks for the input! I’m only 25 and don’t plan on kids anytime soon, this is going to be my daily driver. I have an f80 m3 competition currently so I’m actually worried I’ll think this is not fast enough LOL! But I’m not a huge fan of speeding I just like being able to rip around on back roads once in a while! My currently daily driver is a lifted jeep wrangler which has a HORRIBLE ride quality on highways, bouncing around and the infamous death wobble. So I’m just looking for something that has luxury/comfort and enough power that I can really get on it now and then!
You will tell the difference between the M F80 and the M lite X5 M60. The M60 is a fast car, but despite the S68 engine having the same torque for the M60 and X5M comp, you don’t get thrown into the back of the seat which a full on M car does. I hope you ordered the M professional suspension for the active roll bars, as that is a must coming from an other full on M car, otherwise you will feel the body roll. The B&W is outstanding as the sound is sharper and clearer compared to the iDrive 7 B&W system, as I feel that the update MGH22 head unit makes the difference. The multi function seats are lacking upper back support and additional side bolster support which I miss from the X5M, but I prefer the new shifter in the M60. The auto parking feature is outstanding as now the system senses the lines of the parking space, whereas the pre-LCI version measured the distance between cars, it is quicker sensing a parking spot, and if more than one spot is sensed, you can select which spot from the main screen. I was fortunate to take PCD as now there is short parking demo of all of the new features and how they work. Digital key plus is a big upgrade. Cooling seats perform better than on my G83, and aleays use the massage seats when not doing hard driving. Engine is a legit M engine as the oil coolers run after the car is turned off just like my former X5M comp. The start up exhaust is so quite that I miss the X5M V8 growl and the iconic sounds have way too many “farts” when driving in sport/sport plus/sport shifting (Sx). There is no M drive logic like you have on your F80 for the higher shift points, as you would have to use the manual paddle shifters to engage a higher RPM. C&D recently got a 3.6 sec, so this car is plenty fast, and a big upgrade from your current DD, Jeep Wrangler. The M60 is a luxury car when spec’d properly with the full leather dashboard, but only has extended merino leather rather than full merino leather which is only offered for the X5M. The few times the engine auto stop is engaged (not having in either sport or sport plus), the mild 48V makes a significant difference, which is an improvement over the former N63/S63 engines.
bubbajk53.00
Cityman202.00
TN2SC2020155.00
GordoCLM259.50
snareman9267.50
      04-08-2024, 01:04 PM   #40
Keng163
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I’m in NY and absolutely hate our pot holes roads. I ordered the air suspension. Got everything else. Bummer about the exhaust. I saw some kits that lets you manually adjust the flaps. Not sure if I want a brand new exhaust kit on a new car ….
Appreciate 2
MissVito217.50
TN2SC2020155.00
      04-08-2024, 06:12 PM   #41
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I’m in NY and absolutely hate our pot holes roads. I ordered the air suspension. Got everything else. Bummer about the exhaust. I saw some kits that lets you manually adjust the flaps. Not sure if I want a brand new exhaust kit on a new car ….
That makes sense living with the pot holes, so much for your tax money going to maintain the north east roads. Hope you didn’t order the 22” rims.
      04-09-2024, 10:33 AM   #42
grigiogirl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
You will tell the difference between the M F80 and the M lite X5 M60. The M60 is a fast car, but despite the S68 engine having the same torque for the M60 and X5M comp, you don’t get thrown into the back of the seat which a full on M car does. I hope you ordered the M professional suspension for the active roll bars, as that is a must coming from an other full on M car, otherwise you will feel the body roll. The B&W is outstanding as the sound is sharper and clearer compared to the iDrive 7 B&W system, as I feel that the update MGH22 head unit makes the difference. The multi function seats are lacking upper back support and additional side bolster support which I miss from the X5M, but I prefer the new shifter in the M60. The auto parking feature is outstanding as now the system senses the lines of the parking space, whereas the pre-LCI version measured the distance between cars, it is quicker sensing a parking spot, and if more than one spot is sensed, you can select which spot from the main screen. I was fortunate to take PCD as now there is short parking demo of all of the new features and how they work. Digital key plus is a big upgrade. Cooling seats perform better than on my G83, and aleays use the massage seats when not doing hard driving. Engine is a legit M engine as the oil coolers run after the car is turned off just like my former X5M comp. The start up exhaust is so quite that I miss the X5M V8 growl and the iconic sounds have way too many “farts” when driving in sport/sport plus/sport shifting (Sx). There is no M drive logic like you have on your F80 for the higher shift points, as you would have to use the manual paddle shifters to engage a higher RPM. C&D recently got a 3.6 sec, so this car is plenty fast, and a big upgrade from your current DD, Jeep Wrangler. The M60 is a luxury car when spec’d properly with the full leather dashboard, but only has extended merino leather rather than full merino leather which is only offered for the X5M. The few times the engine auto stop is engaged (not having in either sport or sport plus), the mild 48V makes a significant difference, which is an improvement over the former N63/S63 engines.
Wow thanks for such an in depth answer! Definitely a lot of very useful info and insights. I expected of course the m60 to be completely different from the f80 as ones a real m and the other is the “m lite.” I definitely also won’t be driving any sort of SUV no matter how sporty like the m3! Very excited for B&W and the digital key along with park assist. Do you know if there’s any way to turn off the iconic sounds? , when I test drove one it was on and I absolutely hate those fake pop noises. Little worried about the new shifter, I prefer an actual handle you can grab not the little toggle but I guess I’ll get used to it over time! My current jeep wrangler was actually a limited edition luxury spec so it has white quilted leather seats and all the bells & whistles, it’s just the typical poor ride experience that I had enough of! Partially my fault because I lifted it and added beefy tires but that’s what jeeps are made for. Very excited to experience this new car! Hopefully assembly will begin today as scheduled
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 10:41 AM   #43
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow thanks for such an in depth answer! Definitely a lot of very useful info and insights. I expected of course the m60 to be completely different from the f80 as ones a real m and the other is the “m lite.” I definitely also won’t be driving any sort of SUV no matter how sporty like the m3! Very excited for B&W and the digital key along with park assist. Do you know if there’s any way to turn off the iconic sounds? , when I test drove one it was on and I absolutely hate those fake pop noises. Little worried about the new shifter, I prefer an actual handle you can grab not the little toggle but I guess I’ll get used to it over time! My current jeep wrangler was actually a limited edition luxury spec so it has white quilted leather seats and all the bells & whistles, it’s just the typical poor ride experience that I had enough of! Partially my fault because I lifted it and added beefy tires but that’s what jeeps are made for. Very excited to experience this new car! Hopefully assembly will begin today as scheduled
Yes, the icon sounds can be turned off within iDrive 8.5. I was also hesitant about the X5 M60 shifter, but actually prefer over the the shifter in my current M4 vert (G83). I use the paddle shifters when manually overriding the automatic transmission and hardly use the center counsel shifter. At least on my former X5M comp the shifter wouldn’t engage R or D when backing out of space, and be stuck in neutral (maybe I was doing it too fast). This is not a problem for the X5 M60 as it’s only front or backwards. A double pull towards you activates the S engine transmission settings which shifts the engine at a higher RPM. However, I did have a problem shifting/finding N when going through a car wash for the 1st time, the ‘click’/haptic feedback is very soft that you have to go very slow.

Attached photo of the shifter and iDrive controller which has a better feel then the X5M and my current G83. This is a sneak peak, as I still need to upload photos of my build.
Attached Images

04-09-2024, 05:27 PM   #44
grigiogirl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Yes, the icon sounds can be turned off within iDrive 8.5. I was also hesitant about the X5 M60 shifter, but actually prefer over the the shifter in my current M4 vert (G83). I use the paddle shifters when manually overriding the automatic transmission and hardly use the center counsel shifter. At least on my former X5M comp the shifter wouldn’t engage R or D when backing out of space, and be stuck in neutral (maybe I was doing it too fast). This is not a problem for the X5 M60 as it’s only front or backwards. A double pull towards you activates the S engine transmission settings which shifts the engine at a higher RPM. However, I did have a problem shifting/finding N when going through a car wash for the 1st time, the ‘click’/haptic feedback is very soft that you have to go very slow.

Attached photo of the shifter and iDrive controller which has a better feel then the X5M and my current G83. This is a sneak peak, as I still need to upload photos of my build.
Interesting, I usually use paddle shifters as well when driving in manual but I feel like I’ll still miss the feel of a real knob. On the bright side though, it’s one less thing in the way! Probably nice not to have it in the way. Ivory extended interior! Gorgeous, my favorite leather color offered by bmw.
Appreciate 1
Ibiza3649.50