BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-27-2024, 01:57 AM   #23
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

I did the same with my 50E. Pretty happy with the results. Since it was new, correction wasn't too bad. Overall pretty happy and set me back ~$150 or so. I bought a nice polisher and polish to use the remaining ceramic on my old F30. That is going to be a lot of work to prep. To be honest, once the car is prepped, the ceramic application takes less than an hour even if you are slow.

One thing not mentioned is the glass.... The ceramic (done properly) helps with water and cleanup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
I did Adams advanced graphene coating. It cures in 24h. Probably even less in hot humid Florida.
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2024, 04:44 AM   #24
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by grigiogirl View Post
I’ll have to do some more research to make sure I get the right type of coating for the sensafin. Do you know by chance if colourlock is only for leather?

Awesome that you did your own ceramic! It seems like it’s 50/50 between people DIYing or going to a professional shop. The black really shows every little imperfection unfortunately, so I would probably go nuts if I locked that in. Looks like I might have to fork up the cash and have a professional do it. The beauty in mineral white is how much it hides any minor flaws! My past car was white and the cleaning was a breeze, one of the many perks of that color.
Colourlock can be used for both real and synthetic leather. It's not a ceramic though so needs to be applied more often. This is what I got. https://www.colourlock.com/Care-Kit-...ield/11057-us/
      04-27-2024, 09:25 AM   #25
Nikita44
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 & '23 C8 Z06

call phil at detailers domain, his shop is up by Tappan. His garage is always full of supercars.
      04-27-2024, 09:54 AM   #26
GSDgirl
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW X6 40i

Garage List
2025 BMW X6 40i  [0.00]
Ceramic/PPF on LI

Quote:
Thanks for the insight! I just asked the shop that was doing my tints and he quoted $1.5k for the paint correction and same XPEL ceramic coating. I’m definitely going to call around and get some other quotes but that price seems about right for NY standards. I’m leaning towards having a shop do it because of all the prep work I want it to be perfect. Although I will be doing my own ceramic coating on my silverstone seats! Much easier and less prep for interior
I went to ShineTek in Medford. They do an amazing job and you get a text when you need a reapplication/ recheck for the warranty of the product. They use Xpel ceramic and PPF. For Ceramic you can choose a 4 yr or 8 year package. I got the track pkg PPF$3300 Exoshield windshield protection $700 Xpel ceramic $1200 PPF for my infotainment screen $80. I highly recommend them. They take their time to make sure the car is done to perfection. The owner is on sight everyday and works on the cars also. I think it’s worth the money to keep your car looking good and protected .
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 09:57 AM   #27
GSDgirl
Rep

Garage List
2025 BMW X6 40i  [0.00]
Ceramic/PPF on LI

Quote:
Hey everyone!

Finally took delivery of my X5 M60i 2 days ago after it was stuck at dealer 2 whole weeks…

I’m looking to get ceramic coating done to make maintenance on my sapphire black paint easier! What’s the average cost everyone’s paying? I’m located in NY so of course I’ll pay a premium to most southern or western states. And if anyone in the NY Long Island specifically area on here has recommendations lmk! Thanks
ShineTek Auto Spa in Medford
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 11:13 AM   #28
grigiogirl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 comp, 25' X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkim91321 View Post
grigiogirl

If you want to take a bit of a drive to North NJ, Detailer's Domain in Norwood, NJ is one of the best places to get ceramic/PPF done.

They're expensive, but they've pretty much achieved legendary status in the detailing community in the Tristate area. I've taken multiple vehicles there to get full PPF + ceramic. Last time I was there, there were multiple people picking up their cars and they were all 2-3 hours drive away.

If I recall correctly, full PPF + ceramic for my m60i was about $7k.
Thanks! My M60i is a lease and I’m still not sure if I’ll buy it out at the end so I’m holding off on the PPF, the ceramic will be to help maintain keeping the black clean. However this is great to know for my m3 which I still have yet to PPF & I really want to protect its paint since it’s a rarer individual color.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 11:16 AM   #29
grigiogirl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDgirl View Post
I went to ShineTek in Medford. They do an amazing job and you get a text when you need a reapplication/ recheck for the warranty of the product. They use Xpel ceramic and PPF. For Ceramic you can choose a 4 yr or 8 year package. I got the track pkg PPF$3300 Exoshield windshield protection $700 Xpel ceramic $1200 PPF for my infotainment screen $80. I highly recommend them. They take their time to make sure the car is done to perfection. The owner is on sight everyday and works on the cars also. I think it’s worth the money to keep your car looking good and protected .
Great to know! I’ll give them a call. Not looking to do full exterior PPF since my X5 is a lease but definitely doing ceramic and PPF on the infotainment screen. $1200 is the best price I’ve heard so far in the area.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 07:10 PM   #30
Lexus113
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: RX 350 F Sport, ordered a 50e

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your experience! Good to know it’s held up pretty well, I’m definitely cautious and keep things tidy usually, just worried about dogs or my slightly messy friends spilling something. In the past I’ve kept white seats clean with mr clean magic eraser. Have you done anything to clean them or just leave as is?
I live in NY as well on Long Island. Please let me know which company you go with. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 10:37 AM   #31
grigiogirl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus113 View Post
I live in NY as well on Long Island. Please let me know which company you go with. Thanks
I’m still calling around a few more places but I’ll keep you updated with where I go and my experience!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 11:12 AM   #32
offshore
Rep
Drives: M8

Call Phil at Detailers Domain, one of the oldest shops in New York/ New Jersey area. Does amazing work, I think you’ll be impressed. He is on the forum as well Detailers Domain
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2024, 11:13 AM   #33
GSDgirl
Rep

Garage List
2025 BMW X6 40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Great to know! I’ll give them a call. Not looking to do full exterior PPF since my X5 is a lease but definitely doing ceramic and PPF on the infotainment screen. $1200 is the best price I’ve heard so far in the area.
The ceramic is usually $1400 BUT since I also chose the PPF the ceramic was discounted $200. They do amazing work. 3 of my friends have used them and they are all very happy. You can see their work on their FB page. Enjoy you car!
Appreciate 1