View Single Post
      04-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #11
djjasper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i 6MT

You will undoubtedly get many recommendations, but here is mine:

1. JB4 is the best bang for the buck if you are at all concerned about budget. You can run a JB4 with everything else stock with no problem, as long as you don't go with too aggressive a map. If you are going to do more than a tune, you will probably want to add downpipes to the other stuff below.

2. Helix FMIC is considered by many (most?) to be the best in the business. From a recent thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless///M View Post
I'd say Helix....Air will travel in the path of least resistance.

It forces air through the entire intercooler more efficiently than the rest in my opinion. Look at the plastic cowl, it's divided purposely into 3 sections for this reason. Since the others don't go right up to the top of the plastic cowl, less air will be forced through the intercooler and will just go over the top of it. The Helix goes right to the top of those divided sections blocking the air from going over and forcing more air through the core.

So basically the deep core of the Helix is used more efficiently in my opinion. And yes I have a Helix and I'm from Jersey, but have no affiliation with them what so ever. It's just how I see it. Others are good, but for this application I think the Helix is better.
3. Intakes to a certian extent are a dime a dozen, but Helix engineers their own and it has favorable reviews on here.

Thjese are all easy enough to install yourself if you are so inclined, and you can even get the JB4 from Helix. Check out their site or give Eric (the owner and all around good guy and true BMW enthusiast) a call:

www.helix13.com
Appreciate 0