View Single Post
      06-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #12
Killerfish2012
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
I did 3 separate sessions at Big Willow on Saturday. It was cooler than normal but still reached the low-mid 80's. Willow is a fast track with lots of sustained WOT acceleration.

I have read the "limp party" thread and figured that a limp would be inevitable. I was running the Procede 11-25 aggressive maps with a custom boost profile to target 18psi, although regularly hits 19+psi on logs. Dyno'd SAE 412/446. I was expecting to limp, and then come in, cool down and reduce boost to ~ 13psi.

Well, didn't happen. Oil temps were rock solid @ 255. I am running water/meth cooling (51/49 water/meth ratio). Perhaps the meth kept oil temps down.
1. for the 1,000th time, heat rarely makes the car go into limp mode. 9 times out of 10, it's some other mechanical issue causing it. You have to read your codes. Temp induced limps will show the symbol on the dash, and it is very difficult to do.

2. reading posts like this, makes me puzzled. We all have different skill levels, and skill level is the single most important thing influencing engine temperature. A novice can drive around all day long and not get limp mode. whereas, an advanced driver, can bring a car to extreme temp levels, in one hard lap.
Appreciate 0