View Single Post
      07-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #99
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

BTW, read my posts as not attacking you. Just talking here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Well, A great example of what you're asking for occurred during the North Hollywood Shootout. It's really not as ideal as you imagine.
NHSO was nothing of the sort. The police, as many of them as there were on the scene were severely out gunned. LAPD policies and armament were vastly altered due to that incident. Mind you, the weapons the perps were wielding are all but illegal to own with out quite a bit of licensing and permitting. Had the police been properly armed or the perps been armed in the same way as the police the outcome would likely have been much different.

Quote:
That never was the only option but, if I'm not armed, I'd rather have a trained professional working on my behalf than a anonymous gun carrier.
Correct, you never suggested that as an answer. I actually had that typed in but my last post was with an ipad and somehow that bit got deleted. Question though, if you're not armed and a trained professional is unavailable what would you have happen then?

Quote:
But then you have those in society who do not want a CCW to be their savior. You see, you eliminate options for non-carrying citizens when you arm a select few who think it's their duty to save the day.
I can't speculate as to what people think their duty is or isn't. But i'm not clear on how carriers are eliminating options for non-carrying citizens. How so?

Quote:
That's not universal though. CCW is not easy and all but impossible in many states.
This is true, but can you get on board with the concept? This solution will likely decrease the amount of CCW holders and give the ones who are carrying better judgement when they diem it necessary to use their firearm.

Universal or not, it doesn't change the fact that i spent less than 4 hours with a "qualified" instructor to be able to carry a concealed firearm on my person in FL. And in order for me to work on a government job in FL i'd have to complete a certified 10 hour OSHA class. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Don't get me wrong some classes are better than others and i didn't mind sitting in for less than 4 hours because i'm very familiar with firearms and can safely handle them. But 3 wives of buddies of mine all went out one night and took the class, also less than 4 hours. I've seen them shoot and not one of them should carry a pistol unless it's unloaded and they are going to throw it at someone.