07-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #168
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingTooFast View Post
Yes I want to buy the Alfa 4C. But you are wrong about the mind vs the heart thing...

While it's true that my heart was sold out immediately after I saw how beautiful the production version of the Alfa 4C was it is my mind that tells me to do what I can to buy this car simple because it ticks ALL the important boxes to me in a street car:
  1. Driving Fun
  2. Fuel-efficiency
  3. Performance
  4. Practicality
  5. Looks

In fact, the Alfa 4C represents the perfect 'petrol formula' for combining those 5 items where practicality ends up being the most penalized one but only to favor the FUNDAMENTAL aspect which is the base of the success of the formula as a whole - lightweight.

To better this 'petrol formula' you have to change it for a 'diesel formula' which is essentially the same formula except that this time you can choose between two paths: either you keep the low weight at such extreme sacrificing practicality OR you can have higher practicality and still be fuel-efficient. It's a no brainer!!!

My main issue with my 1M is fuel-efficiency and it's a BIG issue because for my driving style the price to pay is definitely TOO high for what you get in trade.

Finally, if reability is going to be an issue, which I doubt because the Alfa 1750 TBi is now a well proven engine after some years in the market, I won't tolerate it as this was the reason why I sold my Porsche Cayman and bought the 1M (more on that later) since the N54 engine was first introduced in the market in 2006.

What I like about the 4C:
- CF chassis
- low weight
- engine/power
- RWD
- hard-core (no comfort, no assisted steering,...)
- design
- coupé (hardtop)

What I don't like about the 4C:
- engine configuration
- engine layout
- no manual
Appreciate 0