View Single Post
      06-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #18
schoy
Major
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
I agree with this thought. Most students I see today are not driven, focused or have a road map on what their exact plans are in the future to come. They graduate and are like "what do I do now?"

I disagree. This topic is a bit more specific. Historically speaking, (circa 1990's) college was a huge benefit and the cost to get in was low. In 2014 and moving forward, I believe most 4 year colleges are a bad deal.

Even you mentioned being a doctor. My fiancee who is a RN works closely with doctors and has heard a common theme among most of these doctors. They say, if they could do it all over again, they would have been a nurse.

Depending on the practice, these MD's have insane amounts of student loan debt and when it is paid off (~10 years later), they work so damn hard that the extra $10-30k they make over some of these RN's isn't worth it.
So ... if all the doctors became nurses, who would perform critical surgeries (orthopedic, cardiac, neuro, etc.)? Kind of need medical school for that ...

It's not always just about the money ...
Appreciate 0