06-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #19
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
I understand why people get mad and comment about learning 'dumb shyt' in college they never needed in life.
But you have to remember that college is supposed to train you to be a well rounded individual.
If you're majoring in Chemical engineering, it may seem silly to have to study the History of Ancient Libya since 1400. Or learn the 33rd Vice President of US. But how will you look some day when a random news anchor dude walks up to you in public and asks a random question like "Who's the xth President of US?"... you'll look so stupid not knowing the answer yet you have a college degree?

Anyway, back to the topic:
Go to College if you want to be a Doctor, Lawyer or Engineer (and by engineer i mean Mechanical, software or civil. Not just any of these new bullshyt engineer fields they have now-a-days).

Other than that, college is'nt really needed.

And if you do decide to goto college, make sure you go In-State and pick the cheapest college.
I studied economics and statistics and my degree has helped me out tremendously. What I studied is exactly what I do out of college and yes college is really needed to do what I do for a living.

It's not really worth it to study what I call hobbies instead of a skill that's in demand. Accounting is another good field, it's lucrative if you want to put in the time to get your CPA and no matter how the economy is doing...people always need accountants. It's just that accounting is boring and if you become an auditor, just know that I secretly hate you and whenever I see you in my office to do your annual audit, I want nothing more than to pour hot coffee all over you.
Appreciate 1