beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
They are basically cheaper to buy VWs but most people won't buy because of the snob value. I have no issue and will be happy to buy the Skoda brand. The Fabia is a pocket rocket and does 45mpg on country road driving.

The Octavia vRS is the 200bhp Golf engine and in estate form is about £18,000 with a bit of spec and discount. The equivalent Audi is nearly £30,000 with a discount. It does make me think when I could have 2 and a nice holiday for the price of my BMW. The dealers are fantastic for customer service. We have had 3 fabias not a rattle, problem on any of them for 70,000 miles of motoring over 7 years.

Last fabia lost £3,300 for 2 yrs 9 months motoring and 25,000 miles and that was just selling it cash back to the dealer 2 months ago even with the new model out.
Hi Gibbo, couldn't agree with you more re. the Skoda. My Mum bought this year, a new Skoda Octavia elegance 2.0 TDi (the bigger bhp one). She test drove the standard diesel and it wasn't pokey enough for her. No problems whatsoever so far and I shared driving it to France and back in September. Excellent mpg return and quite a relaxed cruiser TBH. The hatch area is cavernous. As you say it's basically a VW with a cheaper price tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk View Post
Hi Helen.

Mrs Viv went out & fancied buying a new set of phones, so she got a BT Aqua twin set.

Cute little phones with a base station, 2 handsets with independent chargers & answerphone.
Lets you send & receive texts, so completely useless having a pair of them if you're Carlos.

Viv
Hi Viv,

I looked at that particular twin set, but in the end fell for this one:

Attachment 119609

Just about to set it all up and work out the SMS etc. Yeah, reckon your right about Carlos having them. He's kept quiet about that recently - all forgotten or ostrich syndrome.

Last edited by beemerbird; 07-09-2008 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 0