NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I also currently work at an IT company and have years of experience in the field. So I know what you mean about the permanent face palm. Recently, I had this situation with an incident at my current employer. Mind you...large IT company with people who are supposedly (or should be) IT savvy. Someone sends an email out to a large distro. Some felt the email doesn't apply to them. So what do these geniuses do? They reply all telling everyone else in the distro that they shouldn't be receiving this email and to take them off the distro list. Of course, it can't stop there. So other knuckle heads reply back to the just replied all saying take me off the distro list too. Then to top it off, the reply all emails are replied to telling everyone to stop replying all. This goes on for a few hours flooding my inbox.

I just hope those idiots abusing the email system got disciplined or fired.
Watch... It's probably one informing them that there's a system update after a vulnerability that has already decommissioned 2 computers and to not shut down the computers so that you can apply the patch... Then you find 20% of the computers in an enterprise are still turned off, and you have to go and turn them on one by one and use the admin password and count the amount of minutes you won't get to go home on time, then deal with the end user not knowing how to log back into their own account "it used to be one click and I just enter the password"...

In one place that I admin'd, there's an area of the wall that is darker than usual since that's where I used to stand against the wall and bang my head .
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0