View Single Post
      04-08-2016, 02:38 PM   #25577
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93
Aatish - to your watch comment/analogy....if you buy a Tag at a steep discount and price point, does this not create value? A $30.00 Ironman Timex can tell me the same time/date a $15k Rolex will...And, even a broke watch is right 2 times a day Then again - I do not buy watches for resale value, however you may actively buy/sell watches.

I do agree with your workmanship comment - and I apply this to everything I do in life. From tools, to furniture, to home purchases, etc. This is why I build a fence, rather than pay someone to fence my property.

On the other side - I am also at a point in life where it is more financially sound to pay someone to do certain maintenance items around the house as opposed to using what little free time I have....
Well played.

I don't buy and sell watches, but I do keep track of value. Don't like taking too big of a hit. Thing is, buying a watch is very much like buying a car. There is a lot of fluff with pricing. One just needs the time to trim said fluff .

I like doing things on my own, and I'm young enough to justify it. That said, I would trust myself with doing shit that may affect others.
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 1