Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls
Has anybody here driven the i44 to the i40? Tips? Advice?

Taking a road trip from St. Louis, to Tulsa, to okc, to Amarillo, to Albuquerque, to AZ to LA.

However- tornadoes scare me. I look at the weather and the worst I see is "thunderstorms" but not sure how bad they are. Anybody care to chime in so I can stop having a panic attack/updating my will?
Thunderstorms are a daily occurrence her in FL. You'll be fine. Worst thing to worry about when driving through a thunderstorm is visibility and standing water on the road. Just don't go faster than you're tires can handle and you'll be good.

The likelihood of you crossing paths with a tornado while driving is pretty darn low. In fact, if you do cross paths with a twister, hit the next store you see and play powerball!

Safe travels!
Other possibility is hail damage. Hopefully he's in a rental - but that is also unlikely enough that it should influence your dedication making.
I'm really tired of the weather people and their fear mongering. Did you hear about the storm in the gulf this past Tuesday that made land fall in the Bay Area? There were high wind advisories, tornado warnings, 1/2 size hail predicted, etc... We got about 40min of light and rain.