View Single Post
      07-27-2016, 05:13 PM   #23
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirthBrooks View Post
Well I have never owned a home before but we plan on buying our first house when we move out there. My fiance is graduating college in December and I graduated a couple years ago so we have only lived in apartments. We aren't looking for a huge house or anything, not sure on a budget yet because I don't know how much money she will be making.

We would be fine having to drive a little to get to stores, we are looking for some quiet. We are right next door to the biggest school in TN.
Just in $/sqft terms, Colorado Springs ~$100-150/ finished sqft, Fort Collins/Loveland/Windsor (Northern Colorado) ~150-200+/finished sqft with Fort Collins and Windsor being on the high side of that range. Boulder is the $200-300 range and depending on where in Denver, you get all the ranges, but the desireable places are in the 150-250+ range.

If you want a more mountain town feel, I know quite a few people that have moved to Drake (Between and Loveland and Estes Park up the canyon in the mountains) and you can find some pretty good deals and its a 30-60 minute drive into town once construction is done in 2018. But during construction, there is very limited access in and out and its a 3hr round trip if you miss the small windows to get out.

Also, buy in the Fall/Winter. Prices take a dip here in those times. No one likes to house shop in a blizzard.
Appreciate 0