09-15-2016, 09:21 PM   #22
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I dont like some of the tone of that piece Matt Farah wrote.
It hints on that it would have been OK to drive twice the legal speed there if the tyres were in better condition and that they were unlucky that they had old tyres.

Imho they were lucky that no one was walking on that sidewalk....
Rodas & Walker had a semi professional racing team together. That Rodas didnt have the car under control with his expertise says only something about how reckless he was going at it, regardless of the state of the tyres.
There's no denying it, if they took that corner at normal speeds, they would have been alive I think.
Driving on public roads is not about how fast a car can technically go or how fast an experienced driver can go, but how fast someone should go. And that is totally left out in that piece....
Exactafreakinglutely. They drove irresponsibly (sad but unfortunately true) and paid the ultimate price.

Heck, one time I was srsly out of it, went to a shop to do something else and the mechanic freaks out telling me that my rear tires are BALD. Yes, they were totally BALD, no tread left at all, like I was on slicks! No idea how that came to be lol. Anyway, all that time I was driving normally, doing spirited runs, etc (not like a grandma as I didn't know), so obviously I kept my car under control and well w/i my skills despite the srsly compromised traction.

Drive w/i your skill lvl, RESPECT the road and fellow rd users and if you wanna d*ck around, TITTT!
Appreciate 0