View Single Post
      02-20-2017, 10:10 AM   #1050
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Either way, with the size of those targets, that's great shooting. I wouldn't guess that was only your first or second time shooting. Too bad you're so far away, i think you'd make a quick study. I get the feeling that you're good with knowing what you're doing with your body. Riding horses requires subtle input with weight, squeeze, reign tension, rhythm etc... Same basic requirements for becoming proficient with firearms. Squeezing more with one hand than the other, putting slightly more weight on one foot than the other, leaning, knee bending, target acquisition after first shot, etc...

A lot of people don't have enough self-awareness to know what they are doing with their arm or knees or weight. While instructing people, I've told them to lean forward a bit and they put their head down or bend their knees. I've told them to move their right foot back and they point their right toes out. Or to pull with their off hand and push with their gun hand and they lean back... (it's such a WTF moment for me) My guess is that you'll be a great shooter with practice.
Im heading your way this summer, want to meet up for a range day?
Appreciate 2
paliknight2192.50
Mr Tonka6060.00