View Single Post
      02-07-2018, 01:41 PM   #39
joeinsd
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stock 2010 e92 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
My wife trains at a local Xfit box...one of the guys that trains there works for SpaceX at the NASA launching facility.

He stated that Elon demands long hrs and hard work from his employees
....but pays REALLY well.
This is true. I have a few friends that work at SpaceX and they all have said the same. One of them works 6 days and a minimum of 50hrs a week. She loves it though. She gave my gf and I the opportunity to go on a tour of SpaceX headquarters in Hawthorne and it was so cool to see what goes on in there. No pics of inside were allowed, of course, so we just put our phones away and took in the experience. There are no tour guides. Your tour guide is the person that invited you, so spent about 3 hours roaming around the facility with her as she explained what she was allowed to to us. It was amazing to stand behind one of the control centers (same one you saw in the live feed) with the first dragon capsule hanging above you. We also saw the fairings that I'm sure were used for this last launch; they were huge, and made in halves.

If you know someone that works there, and get an invitation, definitely GO! Or if you're in the LA area, make a quick pass by to see the first booster that made a vertical landing. It's just out front on the corner of the streets. You won't be able to go inside the area unless you're on a tour, but it's just glass and you can see it perfectly from outside.
Appreciate 1
scostu1623.00