View Single Post
      10-14-2018, 10:56 AM   #50
Buckett76
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xdrive40i

I think this iteration is very useful. Having used the Audi Live Cockpit for a few years I only need 2 things - Digital Speed and a Route/Map. The Audi solution works well but the rest of the options are noise. I've also used RR's version and that has more customization which is distracting to alter on the fly so once it's set to your liking you never really change it. I think both work well but be careful what you wish for with customization/options as you will complain about unnecessary options and/or frustrating operations to work the system.

I like this set up as it gives you all you need on the map front (roads nearby and a line to follow), without having to play around in menu's, plus a permanent digital speed readout. A zoom in/out feature would be nice if it's not there but other than that I think this seems to fit a good balance of features without getting overly complicated. Given the market it's designed for it seems to fit the purpose of the car very well.

Wanting your X5 to look, smell, act, feel like a weekend sports car is like getting upset that the pizza you ordered doesn't look or taste like a burger!
Appreciate 0