View Single Post
      10-18-2018, 07:42 AM   #106
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Bingo. I dont know the audi options so this is my first time doing a deep look at any digital dash bc they seem like they are being forced down our throats and eventually every car will have them. I wanted to get on board with this but what i have seen in the videos is very disappointing. I could care less about seeing what song is playing in my dash (no disrespect if thats your thing) but bmw has to offer more options
This is exactly the point, cuz I do want my entertainment info in the dash! For me, the order of priority for displays is HUD, center iDrive display, and then dash display.

I like my primary info in my line of vision so I don't have to avert my eyes from the road ahead. Also - for me - it's safer to glace over to the iDrive display than down to the dash display. That's why I like to have my nav map in the center. But I do like to see my entertainment info. So I prefer it down where I look least, and that's become the dash (as crazy as that is for an old-timer like me).

So while I do think that BMW has gone all "gee whiz" on us and the Live Cockpit design is more form over function, it'll work for me. But we're all different and that display doesn't provide the options for all the other people who don't think like I do. And that's a huge opportunity lost for BMW imo.
Appreciate 1