View Single Post
      12-03-2018, 10:20 AM   #1
LeviBruno
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Drivetrain Malfunction @ 400 miles

Hi all,

My wife and I have had our 50i mSport for a couple weeks now and just recently hit 400 miles. Unfortunately, the car is at the dealer now as I experienced a "Drivetrain Malfunction" on Friday. The alert popped up on my iDrive while I was pulling out into traffic. By no means was I flooring it, but I was on the gas when the engine started to sputter and the alert came on. During the rest of the drive the car was extremely sluggish, to the point where it was so slow it was dangerous to drive. The car could also not figure out what gear it needed to be in so it was constantly jumping up and down, always reving over 5k. Along with this, I noticed all of the safety convenience features would no longer work as well so I was without cruise control and lane departure which I thought was sort of odd. Finally, the car takes a couple seconds now to start, cold or warm, and the motor is considerably louder.

The car is at the dealer now where they assumed it would just be a software update. I've done some searching and this seems to be somewhat common with the larger V8 i50.... has anyone else experienced this? Our car was optioned close to $90k and it would be a bummer if this was something of the norm.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0