12-03-2018, 05:02 PM   #120
tomwac
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 545i/520d/320d/S1000R/E24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCompromise View Post
I have a Panamera eHybrid (current model) that does "30 miles" electric (really depends on speed, gradient and temperature). I drive this to the train station everyday (sub 10 miles return journey) so drive petrol free all week (free electricity at the train station). At the weekend, fire up the Sports mode and you have a car that will beat 99% off the lights to 30, and 85% to 60. It's the best of a lot of worlds.

The issue with the X5 is that a) it does not come with 7 seats/smaller boot space (I have confirmed this with BMW) and b) it adds considerable weight to a high center of gravity. That said, if you have one car that needs to do a weekly commute and be useful at the weekend to cart kids but don't need all the space then surely a no brainer?

Otherwise, buy 1 electric car for the commute and 1 uncompromised x5 for the weekend (handles better, more eco out of town, more boot space etc.). Very much looking forward to the 40i in January!
Assuming that going to the train station meas going to work by train:
Did the Porsche dealer ommit to tell you that charging spots are not parking spots? Occuping a charging spot for the whole day is so cool and for sure not egoistic to others who would need a bit of charge too
Appreciate 0