Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Pretty expensive considering the OEM part is only ~$200

Edit: I think getting a proper paint job professionally would still be a better deal. There are some things I don't mind paying for, but this is pretty over priced just like their BMW roundels. I'm normally a fan if IND, just not what they charge for some items because they can.
I agree it is expensive, however for me it is about the time in researching a B-Shop to do it right and the down time with the car. When it arrives it takes 2 minutes to install.
It's not hard to find a good B shop to paint a part but yes you're paying for the simplicity there. I still don't like how they take advantage of the market by grossly overcharging for things. I'm sure the reflectors only cost $20 a piece (I can find out) so the margins are large no matter what. Yes I respect they're trying to make money, there's still a point where they are gouging people. I like IND for what they do, this simply doesn't bode well when it's clearly taking advantage of people.

Edit:

examples from my G01 X3 since I can't find the X5 part numbers:

Mirror caps P/Ns 51-16-8-496-624/625

$89.34 each (likely cheaper because they buy in bulk and this is consumer pricing not commerical)

IND black mirror caps set price: $339.95

So it's $178.68 + paint/labor maybe $80 but likely less since they are done in batches still yields a ~25% profit on the low end likely more. Again I'm fine with people charging a reasonable amount for quality items. Their margins are definitely higher given the above which is the price you pay for convienence.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0