View Single Post
      05-23-2019, 07:23 AM   #384
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Try a 'Zoom Groom' from Petsmart - our gals LOVE it, and hate brushes or combs (and those don't work nearly as well). It is a kind of rubber grooming thing with 'fingers' that look like crayon tips.
I'll look into it. Appreciate that. I've tried everything amazon has to offer, even the brushes that mount to corners for them to rub against on their own. We've had some pretty interesting experiences with him and hair management. I bought one of those mitts with the small soft rubber nibs once and tried it. The end result was a 22 pound cat grabbing ahold of it, while my hand was still in it, pulling his own body weight up and proceeded to destroy my left arm from the wrist to elbow. He's way more gentle now and will simply walk away, but if I persist and follow him the Mr. Hyde side of him comes out mighty fast.

I took him to a groomer 2 years ago to have him shaved like a lion. It was awesome and hilarious. He was the last cat that the groomer ever trimmed. I felt so terrible for her when I picked him up. She looked like she had been physically assaulted with barbed wire and broken glass. I asked her to groom him last year and received an "absolutely not!" That's when she told me that he was the last cat that she would ever groom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
video of you putting these on please
I second this!
Appreciate 1
Maynard3861.50