United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiscitello View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Very odd.

More than likely it's a defect or fault that had not been corrected. Maybe they're having trouble addressing the issue. Even if it was a part, it shouldn't take more than 1 week.

I just recently had an X3 complete production and it went from entering assembly line to ready for transport in the same day. Arrived at dealer 1 week later.

I think it's time you request your dealer order you a replacement.
Thanks - I've been thinking about what leverage I might have - but don't really think I have much since I ordered the car because I wanted it spec'd a way that wouldn't be a standard dealer spec'd car. I've been wondering if there is something with my config that held it up - but I agree, if there was a part issue it should have been resolved by now - I think they pump out hundreds of vehicles a week with all sorts of options so I am baffled at this point. Will call the dealer again today...
In most cases if the issue was a trim piece that got damaged, or easy to replace part, bmw would ship the part to the SC VPC and the car would stay there waiting for the part to arrive. If it's stuck in quality check, it's likely more serious. Obviously I'm speculating a bit here.

It's your money, tell the dealer you have a bad taste already with this car and you'd like another vehicle specd with same. They have time to get in a 2019 order since SC switches to 2020 beginning August production.