View Single Post
      07-24-2019, 04:27 AM   #865
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
The power delivery and transmission will be a big deciding factor in vehicle selection between the 2. The ZF8 is fantastic and compared to the 10speed auto in the ZL1 I drove, the zf8 was much more engaging. Same goes for the 8speed auto Chevy uses in the SS, just wasn’t engaging. And the power delivery of the SS as a package didn't compare to the power delivery of the Z4. To me, the package of the B58 and the zf8 is difficult to beat. Although, a DCT is a step in the right direction and could very well be what the LT2 needed to change the power delivery.

The other key thing to remember is the B58 is showing extremely capable with a simple tune and minor bolt ons, pushing 500hp at the crank itself. $500 of a tune and $500 for a catless DP and you have the same hp and more tq than the c8. And before you say “I can throw a turbo/supercharger and tune on the c8 and have more,” remember it uses the new electric architecture with increased security. It’s going to be years before it’s crack for tuning. So adding any power adder is going to cost significantly more with control units you’ll need to accommodate those power adders.

Lastly, if the Supra is anything like the Z4 with spacing, it’ll definitely accommodate wider tires in the rear. 295 for sure, possibly 305 with the right offset and/or camber. Yes I know that wider tires don’t equate to larger contact patch and thus more grip, but changing that contact patch shape does help with other areas such as cornering and even acceleration.
Appreciate 0