Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2189 View Post
Absolutely agree with you
I park in a building garage where I literally have inches on both sides between 2 poles. Day 1 of having the car, it kept stopping because I was too close to the poles and it automatically stopped when I was about a foot away from back wall.
Welcome to NYC parking
Here is the message I just sent to the service rep. Today is day three of waiting to hear from the “regional rep”.
Please get back to me today about what the rep says.

This collision happened when using backup assistant, which failed as did the collision avoidance system. The reason I stopped in this parking lot is because my navigation system wouldn't take me to a nearby address, and I was trying to figure out what was wrong.

All of these issues are insane for a brand new, expensive car like mine. In addition, Repair delays are a chronic problem with BMW, as are iDrive updates.

I need to take this car on a long trip in December and want to be sure iDrive and navigation is working correctly before I go. I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of the car before then, it is hard to trust it any more.

I am making a monthly payment of $1,200 and don't have the car to use. For an indeterminate length of time.

If you would like, put me in touch with the rep directly. I want to hear something TODAY and It seems unfair and, at this point, counterproductive, for you to be in the middle of this mess.
Appreciate 0