11-27-2019, 11:13 AM   #3420
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
I only drink normal JD (No7) when theres nothing else left at the bar!!!

Single barrel (94proof) is great and can stand next to any whiskey, imho. Its my preferred drink. (I have a real barrel too!!)
There is also silver label which is my fav at 100 proof but can only be purchased in duty free shopping so i stock up when traveling and also have friends/family bring back when traveling. Then theres the barrelproofs, they’re around 130proof and special.

As for Sinatra, its got a unique hint of vanilla which is nice, though yes its pricey. Its best enjoyed neat like a cordial.
Also, gold label No.27 is great too, its more pricy than single barrel but less than Sinatra, also great neat as a cordial.
Did you do a tasting before purchase? I'm with Hawkeye in that it's hard to buy a bottle (Sinatra) at that price with no idea what I'm getting. 7 is my normal go-to for Jack/diet, but I was not impressed with Single Barrel, even at 94.
ONCE, before a movie when BILIL and I were both having a bit of a cough, we stopped into the local bar outside the theatre and grabbed a shot of that Honey thing. O M G, I left it on the bar and coughed my way thru the movie.
Appreciate 0