homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Yea... I did it. Eat my butt.

There's been a lot of questions regarding the retrofit CD player in the glovebox of a G05.... and not a whole lot of specifics regarding part numbers.

I asked my dealer to find it, order it, and install it before I pick up the car.

I'm in Europe (buying a US spec car).... so I can't read Dutch. But, basically this is the CD player, and the necessary tray to hold it in the glovebox.

385 Euro..... so a little over $400. Installation will be more obviously.... but worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.

So.... poke fun all you want.... but when I buy old, cool CDs at pawn shops or thrift stores.... I'll be jammin out in my beautiful ride.... while you're on your computer trying to download it onto a thumb drive.

Yea..... that was a stab.... Whatcha got punk?? Lol.

But seriously.... I know my M50i comes "pre-wired for a CD player"... whatever that means. I'm not sure about any other G05 models. Before ordering, please be sure to check your specific car.

Hope this helps.
I have good news for you and bad news....
First the bad news: you don't know your languages! That's not Dutch but German....in German, German is Deutsch, so you're forgiven on grounds of being American....and I don't mean it in a bad way.
The good news is that montage means installation, so your €385 ish euro includes installation!
Smart move buying the specialized CD converter that allows you to convert the CDs onto a USB drive you plug into the CD player so you can then put that USB into the car to listen to the music....oh wait, that's what you would expect BMW to do to us, but strangely they didn't....
Appreciate 0