Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieA1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM340i View Post
Basically the AMG approach. Even though the M340i is 400+ hp car stock, it's not a real M car.
It's 382 not 400+ hp.
He means that 382 is stated HP. Everyone know that BMW under promises but over delivers on the power numbers. This car on a dyno is definitely running 400hp or more. And can be tuned to far more than that. Bottom line the M340i is a fantastic rocket machine. BMW assigns the m moniker to the car, so take your beef to them.
I think this dyno thing to is a myth. When bmw measures power they use certain approach/equipment. And "your" local performance tuning shop uses a different equipment.
To confirm this is a myth consider this:
Bmw lowers numbers for all their cars, why? Some people say due to they don't want to make m3 look underpowered next to m340 with almost same power. But if bmw lower power output for all models then why do it? Don't you think if bmw cars were so much more powerful they would win the market? Isn't it what they want?

Regarding m moniker I actually don't mind it. In fact on their site m performance models were already in the m section if you go to let's say 6 series section.