First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchy View Post
That's awesome that it was so quick!

Washing cars is a love hate relationship for me. I usually enjoy the process too, but it does take a lot of time and I do it weekly. Pressure wash, 2 rinse buckets, soap bucket and an assortment of wheel brushes, detail brushes and cloths. Usually about 2hrs per car, and yes I've taken license plates off too, even wheels to clean them better. There's no such thing as a "quick wash". I do sometimes envy the majority of my neighbors who must just use a drive thru. lol.
Keep in mind this timing sequence is mine and mine alone. Reality might yet set in with delivery delayed by several weeks. It’s the first car ever ordered so this is new experience for me.

I’ve always considered removing the wheels as the dividing line for true detailers. You my friend have my respect. I only clean/detail 6 cars: our two and both sons and their wives cars. Everyone loves when I offer to clean their car. The only part of the process I dread is cleaning up after: putting away the pressure cleaner, cleaning out the foam gun and buckets, unhooking the hoses, etc. My favorite piece of equipment is a bench on wheels that I sit on while working around the car. With a shelf underneath for towels, detail spray, brushes, waxes, etc. it eliminates all bending over.
Haha thanks. I'm guessing there are more than a few on here that only hand wash and are a bit particular about it. (Wheels by no means come off regularly, but they do get a good detail when switching between summer and winter wheels)
The wheeled bench is a good idea, our current driveway has too much of a slope though, I'd roll away.
Appreciate 1
RVAGuy167.00