View Single Post
      02-12-2020, 09:10 PM   #65
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Previously, I had my X7 set to unlock AND Lock the vehicle when you approach or depart. When it was set this way the puddle lights would come on as I approached the vehicle. However, I got tired of the vehicle locking/unlocking/locking/unlocking every time I walked by the vehicle with my keys in my pocket or keys in my wife's purse.

So, I changed it to lock only when walking away from the vehicle but not unlock the vehicle when I approach. When it's in this setting the puddle lights no longer come on when I approach the vehicle. They only come on after I grab the door handle.

DAHH...! WTF is the purpose of that? If I'm already at the vehicle why in the hell do I need the puddle lights on? The puddle lights should turn on as I approach whether or not I have it set to unlock the vehicle or not. That's how every other vehicle I've owned works. Toyota, Ford, Subaru, etc. The purpose of the puddle lights are so you can see the ground around your vehicle so you don't step in a puddle, dog poo, or some other mess on the ground BEFORE I step in it not after!

Another technology bug that needs to get fixed. BMW needs to be more diligent in their testing procedures.
It used to turn the puddle lights on no matter how the unlock was set but an update (I think starting with 07/2019.35) took that away and now they only come on when approaching and set to unlock. Hopefully a future update will fix it.
Appreciate 0