Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCaY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
SWEET!!!! Got the car coded to automatically revert to Adaptive on startup, now that I'm using "Demo" mode..

And..... bonus feature:

Now I can lock my doors after starting my car in the morning to warm it up, without waking up the neighbors because the horn honks..... which was actually a question I posted in another thread.

Very successful day.

I'm very weary of switching to the M layout, because I keep hearing about people losing the X5M50i logo..... then switching back to the factory BMW layout.... and the logo is still missing.

Still waiting on firm clarification on that.

Otherwise.... quite happy with how this is going
You do lose the M50i logo with M Layout. When I switched it back it didn't come back automatically. I had to go into expert mode and manually switch the logo back to M50i.
Are you talking ab M logo at startup. I did that and still have M50i on my cluster.
No that's different. We're talking about changing the gauge cluster layout from standard to M Performance or Alpina. When you do that you have to also change the logo in the center of the cluster. Not all logos will work with all the clusters. For the M Performance layout, the M50i logo doesn't work.
Appreciate 0