View Single Post
      03-10-2020, 11:33 AM   #1
jesperd
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

PHEV (45e) issues

Hi all,

New to the forum, but I thought I'd share some less good news about my 3 week old xDrive45e.

After a couple of weeks, I noticed a lot of condensation - I mean a lot - inside the left tail lamp. It wasn't like in the front where it goes away after a little while.

I noticed a little crack in the plastic, without any visible impact from any foreign object. Dealer replaced it without any questions. A week later, on my way to the dealer to have it replaced, second issue, which turned out a bit more serious: Drivetrain fault.

The dealer ran the diagnostic, and it turned out to be related to the high voltage battery. After discussing with engineers in Germany, they called me and told me that they were asked to take out the battery to check each individual cell and its connections.

Apparently, not a lot of mechanics are certified to work on the high voltage battery, so the dealer only had one mechanic who could do it. It is - according the the dealer - quite a lot of work to take out the battery pack, and check each individual cell. They don't stock the parts locally, it being a new model, so any parts will need to be shipped from the German warehouse.

So here I am, with a brand new xDrive45e that I have driven for 3 weeks (2,000 km) that now will sit at the dealer for the next 2 weeks. That sucks!

Obviously I am happy they take it serious, and the dealer has acted very professional. But I can't help think, what's next. 2 issues requiring going to the dealership in just 3 weeks. Not the best statistics.

I hope you guys have a better statistic that indicate that this is not a general quality issue. I need happy thoughts

I am visiting the dealer friday, where I will get a progress update (and also to replace the X2 loaner with a 5-series for the weekend).
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Poodle64.50