03-24-2020, 11:25 PM   #133
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW, X6, M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkratochvil View Post
They're definitely ahead in Spartanburg for some builds. I had a Week 15 build (We're currently in Week 13...) and I went from "Production Begins" to "Entering the Assembly Line" last night and and in "Quality Check" this morning. So, probably around 2 weeks ahead for mine...
Mine's now fully built, as I'm now sitting in Awaiting Carrier Assignment, so it will hopefully make it out before the shutdown.

A few other items of note I've learned in exchanging emails with the PCD Team in SC:
- They're shutting down the PCD experience (either already have or will be shortly) through the end of April (tentatively, as this will continue to be fluid). I was scheduled for 4/23, so they quickly changed my delivery to switch from the Performance Center to my dealer. If you had a PCD scheduled in this time period and are affected, you should have received communication already.
- The PCD folks have been AWESOME in terms of communication, given the situation.
- For those of us who are having our currently PCD experience cancelled, they'll issue a certificate/ticket to schedule the delivery experience between May and October, 2020. If you drive your vehicle back down/up, they'll "re-deliver it" to you and walk you through things just like when it was new. (I'm hoping for an overnight detail too. ) If you just fly down, they'll do a delivery in a "like" vehicle if you want. You'll get to do the plant tour, one night at the Marriott covered by them, dinner and all of the driving in a comparable vehicle. So, really, it's all the same experience, just the obvious change if you want to go through vehicle delivery. (You can also just skip the delivery piece, if you want.)
- Last item is that the rumor running through the corridors today was that the Spartanburg plant would shutdown after this weekend, rather than running through Week 14...as many of us have surmised, they're running out of parts in the supply chain and will have to shutdown.

So for me, I'll hopefully get my X6 3 weeks earlier (current shipping schedule is for it to be at my dealer's on 3/31) than I'd planned, and will make my PCD more of a vacation experience this Summer, when things settle down. Given the overall craziness, that actually feels pretty good and seems like BMW/PCD is doing a LOT to accommodate the situation.
Appreciate 0