Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bmw View Post
The ENET/lighting adapter combo is definitely a lot faster. I can walk through all menus in BC and code my preferences in 5 minutes or so. Compare that with MX+ taking ~5 minutes just to read and code BDC.

However, I had 3 instances where the cable combo failed to connect. Is this what you had experienced LexxM3 ? I had to disconnect and re-initiate diagnostics mode again. But once it works it is consistent.

I never experienced disconnection or issues yet with Mx+. It is just slow but fits the small storage box by the driver side.
That is another thing..... Regarding diagnostic mode, both when I used my older Vgate WiFi adapter and now the Ethernet/ENET cable combo, my X7 automatically went into diagnostic mode each time I connected. It did it before I tried to access any ECU even though diagnostic mode is only required when accessing the DME. During the initial connection to BimmerCode, I got the indication in the dash and a notification on the iDrive screen that my X7 was in diagnostic mode. Do you guys need to manually go into diagnostic mode?
It has recently been noted by others that modern Bimmercode automatically starts Diagnostic Mode and I just tested that to also be the case for my current setup as well with Bimmercode 3.5 on iOS. That is a brand new behaviour, used to require manual invocation of Diagnostic Mode. More here: https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26016120