04-07-2020, 01:50 PM   #1091
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Sounds interesting, so basically the semi-autonomous features will work in a more urban/non-highway environment if/when this is implemented. Is additional equipment/hardware required? Or does the equipment that comes with the Driving Assistant Professional Package have all the hardware needed?
It depends on what you mean by work. They already work for me in that Auto Speed limit assistant, adaptive cruise, slow for junctions, steering etc all work off the highway. Assisted driving isn't as efficient as on a highway as there are multiple additional scenarios to address which is why they work much better when following another vehicle.

The changes I've mentioned add Traffic Light and Stop Sign Recognition so I guess yes it will improve semi-autonomous urban driving.

Good question on the hardware requirements. There were side radar hardware changes introduced with MY2020, but I'm hoping that existing MY2019 will also support these specific features.

Coding shows 2 requirements - DAP and build version 07/2020. This doesn't mean it won't be supported on earlier build vehicles, but they will need i-step 07/2020 - when I discovered and published the Assisted Driving View coding, it also stated a later build version (07/2019), but that coding was supported on earlier build cars as long as they had i-step 07/2019 or later.

We can but hope
Appreciate 0