View Single Post
      05-28-2020, 01:17 PM   #7
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
The wipers are a constant battle for me. I had tried everything...had them replaced twice by the dealership...clay bars, cleaners, and everything in between. The response from my service department...it's a known issue as told to them by BMW. They know it's bullshit, as do I...but, I have it documented just in case it becomes a bigger issue and they try to give me a hard time.

It's a pain in the ass, but also really sucks when you get a good rain. I almost feel like it starts streaking at a certain point, making it even more difficult to see when driving.
That's very frustrating. I wonder what the differences are between the X5 and X7 wipers. My 2020 X7 wipers have been perfect since day one. Actually, they are the best wipers I've had on any vehicle past or present.

I live in the Pacific Northwest where it rains damn near every other day and all day and night during the winter. I got the car in November of 2019 and have 8700 miles on the original wiper blades. They're still working like new.

Does anyone know if they've made a change since the 2019 model year? Maybe that's why I don't have a problem and you and others with the 2019 models do.

I learned my lesson over 30 years ago to never by a first production year vehicle because of all the bugs. Although, I've also bought the last production model year also and have had problems but not nearly as bad as first model year production vehicles.

As many problems as you've had I would have pursued your states Lemon Law or tried to get BMW to facilitate a buy back/replacement vehicle.
Appreciate 0