View Single Post
      06-29-2020, 11:51 AM   #30
UltraDave
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
It's common for wheel manufacturers to keep their offsets a secret. Once word gets out of specific sizing and fitment...... the Chinese start selling replicas in eBay.... and people looking to save a buck keep handing the Chinese more money for crap products.

But I digress.

Additionally, I've found ZERO manufacturers that will sell you an aggressive offset, unless you specifically ask for it.... and then it will usually void the return policy. Now, plenty of ebayers will sell you wheels that have aggressive figments, but usually they just take the same wheel, and advertise it for 100 different vehicles to try to sell more. They could care less what you want, or whether or not it is correct for your application. Wheel "manufacturers" however, won't do that.

Avanti Gard - I owned a set for several years. Bought them in 2014. Looked decent, priced decent, etc.

When I contacted them recently...... they blew me off after multiple questions, didn't answer any specifics, and quite frankly, seemed like dicks. When they finally quoted me a price..... is was over $7000.... with no available options to reduce the price, no alternatives..... nothing. Apparently they've changed DRAMATICALLY since 2014.

Contacted Vossen HQ directly (after a couple of 3rd party retailers played similar games as Avant Gard). They answered every question, gave me options, and even threw in a set of lugs and locks for free. $3700 shipped.

I've already bought and paid for them..... and currently waiting. They told me 6-8 weeks lead time before shipping. They didn't tell me however, what the specific offsets are though. NBD. I get it, and I trust they know what they are doing.

I ordered a very wide set, and I'm comfortable knowing that they will be tucked under the car nicely. If I do decide to "poke out", I can always run spacers. But if they stick out too far when new, nothing you can do.

I spoke with a LOT of retailers, and directly with manufacturers themselves.
I definitely recommend NOT contacting Audio City Wheels, or Avant Gard. They were both some of the most unprofessional, incompetent sellers I dealt with. I must have written Audio City about 7-8 times (they sell BC Forged wheels)... long, in-depth questions, asking for recommendations, sizing, shipping times, alternatives..... and I only received emails back 3 times. All 3 emails said "We don't have those in stock".

That's it..... that was the whole email.

Admittedly, I am an asshole. I have ZERO tolerance for laziness and complacency. I have LESS than zero tolerance for incompetence. Once you treat me like I'm not an important customer.... I become not even a potential customer. I will NEVER chase a company and beg them to sell me something.

Vossen was good. No complaints from me.
Your rears will be like adding 20mm spacers and the front like adding 2mm spacers. So if you add a 12mm on top of the 2 in the front it should look good.
Appreciate 0