View Single Post
      06-29-2020, 03:49 PM   #1
Mlgatl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i 2020

Angry Nightmare story of my M50 finally showing up. Recommendations?

So more than two months before the shut down I ordered an M50. It was due to be built the week before before the shut down. It never made it.

When things started up it was not next in line but put off several weeks. Then week by week random delays.

Then all of a sudden it got moved up. It was completed last Thursday. I watched it ever step of the way. So excited.

I live a few hours from the factory. The car was delivered to my dealer last Friday. Pickup the next day.

Saturday morning I get a text from my salesman telling me there was a problem and I would not be getting the car I ordered but would be first in place for a 21.

I almost passed out. When I finally got the sales manager on the phone he told me the car failed delivery inspection. The AC didn’t function.

I asked if they had sold my car to someone else. He told me I could come see it. There was my car exactly as I ordered it in the shop taken apart. It was the compressor. They said the part would not be available for a month.

I told them to take one out of another X5. They said they needed to confirm that the compressor was not VIN matched. They would let me know today.

I got the call today and he said that it was not the compressor but the compressor fan. It would come in tomorrow and take a few days to fix. Of course I am leaving for vacation and won’t be back for 10 days.

Am I crazy to take delivery of a very expensive car that has had to have major repairs before I paid for it?
Appreciate 0