View Single Post
      07-05-2020, 05:17 PM   #12
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW, X6, M50i

Sorry to year you had the same problem Buddym850icoupe.

I totally agree this shouldn't be happening for any of us. For BMW, it seems like a significant problem, as it's happening predominantly on $85K+ vehicles, with it happening on the V8's...So, they really should be stepping up.

So, I did get mine in to my dealer on 7/2. Quick synopsis is a failed compressor. Compressor is on backorder. As of Thursday, 7/2, there wasn't a compressor available in the US. Germany parts center was expecting a shipment to arrive today (7/5). My dealer is expecting to have one in 7/10 business days.

I attached a snapshot of the diagnosis below...I'm not sure they actually connected it to the TSB/SIB that @Alan I mentioned. I may push that a little further with the Service Manager this week. Just want to make sure they fix things correctly.

I did have a chance to follow-up with the Service Manager of my dealer's sister store (Mercedes, across the parking lot), who I know quite well, as I asked him: "How do I politely push/confirm that the next compressor isn't going to fail as well?". He checked with the BMW Parts Manager and as it turns out, the new compressor is a new part #.

We can probably debate whether a new part # means that it's a "bad batch" or of it was in-fact a bad design or supplier. My thought is that the new part # means it's a flawed design/supplier, rather than a "bad batch" and they're now replacing with a different compressor.

I'll call BMWNA Customer Relations this week to complain about the quality of the vehicle...trying to push them to do something. (This is actually my 3rd issue with my G06. The first 2 were very small...) Given they know it's a part that is failing repeatedly, they've likely gone to a new supplier/design, they should have had more parts pre-positioned in the US (and elsewhere...). They're obviously going to keep failing...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2