View Single Post
      07-12-2020, 12:06 PM   #92
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
I like that. I also like how small it is. I believe I can integrate that somehow into the panel on the roof above the rearview mirror. Is the connection a micro usb? USB C? Something else? I won't use a cig or usb plug.... I'll wire it into the fusebox.

I understand about excessive warnings.... I was just in Flanders and Brussels recently. There are red light cameras all over the place. Down here in Wallonia, we have very few of those, and I'm generally not one to accelerate through yellow lights anyway.

But the speed cameras.... are EVERYWHERE. It's all we have, but there are a LOT of them. And, they are constantly rotating those temporary speed cameras almost weekly. There are AT LEAST 30 speed cameras right outside the base gates, or in the immediate vicinity of, or on the road between the two military bases. (SHAPE NATO base, and Chievres US air base) Over double what they have in the entire city of Mons.... and there are NONE on the main road to France (25km away) and only one on the main road to Germany (100km away).

The speed camera to population ratio..... is higher around the US military base..... than anywhere in Belgium. Sure.... they have them all over the place, but if you look at the relatively low population of where I live.... versus the number of speed cameras installed??? It's absolutely absurd. It's all farmland out here.... but you'd think it was the speeding capital of the world.

They don't have to "chase" us or "find" us to issue tickets. There a Belgian police department right outside the base, with direct access to the personal info of everyone stationed there. They don't even have to mail tickets.... they use the US government email system, and then we have to go to the (conveniently located) police station to sign for them. Efficient. Quick. It's a CASH COW for Belgium.

Anyway.... just got home.... I'm going to start researching this Coyote mini, and probably order one. Seems worth having. Thanks for your help. Sincerely.
Yes Belgium is speed camera heaven It certainly is a cash cow for the government. This has nothing to do with safety. And they keep putting them everywhere. In Flanders also more and more trajectory control. It isn't fun anymore. It's such a relief when you drive to Germany or Holland.

And despite that being a cash cow we still have the worst roads in western Europe and we drive from pot hole to pot hole or from speed bump to speed bump.

It's a micro usb. I guess you can integrate it somewhere overthere and connect it with the fusebox. They put dashcams also in that position.
If you buy one and you can integrate it in the car please let me know
Appreciate 0